SERVPRO of Alamo Heights is Here to Help
In the event of a water damage remember:
1. SAFETY: SERVPRO of Alamo Height’s number one priority and what you should do first
a. Ensure that it is safe to enter into the premises.
b. Electricity is one of the most dangerous situations in regards to water. An electricity check should be made to ensure that the water is not in direct contact with any electricity. DO NOT enter the premises until this is resolved.
c. Slip/ fall dangers: remember that water makes floor surfaces incredibly slippery, so ensure that you are wearing the proper shoes to prevent slips
d. Use caution when trying to move items that are saturated with water as they will be heavier than usual
2. Turn off the water source- as water is allowed to continue running it is continuing to damage your home or office
3. Contact SERVPRO of Alamo Heights at (210) 822-2063- the faster we arrive, the faster we can make it like “it never even happened”
4. Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
5. Wipe excess water from wood furniture
6. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
7. Turn the air conditioner off
8. Remove colored rugs and/or drapery from wet carpeting
9. Gather loose items from the floors
10. Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
It is our hope that you never have to use these tips, but it is always better to be prepared. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at (210) 822-2063.