It’s All About That “Restore First” Mentality | SERVPRO® of Alamo Heights
It’s well know that when disaster strikes, we provide a fast response to your crisis. However, there are other reasons why we should be one of your first calls if disaster strikes.
Our technicians have a “restore first” mentality, which is aided by the use of specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. This mentality also helps, when it comes to your property, to reduce the interruptions to life and helps get your home or business back to pre-disaster condition.
Knowing what to do after your property has suffered from fire damage is stressful, but that’s where we come in. After you call us, our team will quickly respond and get the project going.
Damage caused by fires is never the same—and while our specially trained team can come up with a unique solution that is tailored to your needs, the general process remains the same.
Here are the steps that are included in our process:
1. Emergency contact. When we receive your call, you will be asked a series of questions regarding the fire damage. This helps us make sure our team is dispatched with the appropriate equipment and resources.
2. Inspection and fire damage assessment. When our team arrives at your location, they will inspect and test adjoining rooms of the property to determine the extent of fire, smoke and soot damage. This helps us determine the right plan of action moving forward.
3. Immediate board-up and roof-tarp service. Because windows, walls and roofs are often compromised by fire damage, we will make sure that your property is secure and protected from further damage by boarding up missing windows and walls and placing a tarp on damaged roofs.
4. Water removal and drying (if water damage is present). Water damage can accompany fire damage; therefore, we’ll begin the removal process right away. Dehumidifiers and air movers are brought in to remove the remaining water and finish up the drying process.
5. Removal of smoke and soot from all surfaces. We have specialized equipment and techniques that are used to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls and other surfaces.
6. Cleaning and sanitizing. Whenever and wherever possible, we will clean restorable items and structures. Not only will they be cleaned, but industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment are used to help remove odors.
7. Restoration. This is our final step in getting your property back to pre-fire condition. Restoration can include minor repairs like replacing drywall, painting and installing new carpet. It could also call for major repairs like reconstruction of damaged areas.
Remember, if you need us, we’ll be there—no matter the time or day. The team of highly trained restoration experts at SERVPRO® of Alamo Heights is available for emergency cleanup and restoration services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.