Mold Damage in San Antonio
San Antonio is a naturally humid location, although luckily not as humid as other places around the country. When water damage occurs, if it is not remediated quickly microbial growth will begin and secondary damage sets in. In order to prevent this, call SERVPRO of Alamo Heights at the first sign of water damage. However, if you notice microbial growth contact us immediately at (210) 822-2063. Upon our arrival, the following steps "typical" of a mold removal process will occur.
- Inspection and Damage Assessment- your property will be carefully inspected for signs of the mold using technology designed to detect hidden water sources. Mold feeds on cellulose and water can be hidden from plain view.
- Mold Containment- Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated
area with physical barriers and negative
air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup
- Air Filtration- Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the air. SERVPRO® of Alamo Heights technicians utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in progress.
- Removing Mold and Mold-infested materials-The mold remediation process
depends on the amount of mold growth
and the types of surfaces on which
the mold appears. Antifungal and
antimicrobial treatments will be used
to eliminate mold colonies and help
prevent new colonies from forming.
Removing and disposing of mold-infested
porous materials, like drywall
and flooring, may be necessary to
remediate heavy mold growth.
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings- SERVPRO® of Alamo Heights Franchise Professionals clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, and other restorable items affected by mold. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. They are also trained to remove odors and deodorize using fogging equipment.
- Restoration- Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may be removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail repairs such as the reconstruction of various area or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of Alamo Heights understands mold and mold growth.